The General Alumni Association of Fisk University, Incorporated (GAAFU), in partnership with Fisk University, is soliciting proposals from qualified artists for the creation of an original work of art in honor of Fisk University’s Sesquicentennial in 2016. The goal is to commission a significant, museum caliber original work of art that is two or three-dimensional, and of the highest aesthetic quality. The work will commemorate the Sesquicentennial of Historic Fisk University and embody the University’s enduring spirit. The work must be made of durable materials suitable for display within the interior of a museum. http://www.fisk.edu/articles/art-commission
June 5th, 2015 3:44 pm
Nashville, TN <Read full article...
September 22nd, 2014 7:43 am
This is your chance to make your donation to Fisk UniversityRead full article...
- The first historically black college or university (HBCU) to gain accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (1930)
- The first HBCU to be placed on the approved lists of the Association of American Universities (1933)
- The first HBCU to be placed on the approved lists of the American Association of University Women (1948)
- The first HBCU to be granted a charter for the establishment of a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa (1952)
- The first HBCU to receive a chapter of The Mortar Board, a senior honor society formerly for women, now open to men